Grafting Workshop via ZOOM
NOTE this course requires a package of rootstocks and grafting equipment to be shipped to you, please allow a week for this to get to you.
You will learn winter grafting techniques suitable for grafting hardwood fruit trees - apples, pears, quinces, plums, cherries, etc.
• How to harvest and store scion wood.
• How to prepare the root-stock.
• Whip and tongue grafting - the gold standard for grafting a variety (scion) onto a rootstock of similar or larger diameter.
• Cutting technique
• Binding/ taping technique
• Bark (Crown) grafting - reworking an old tree
• Grafting knife sharpening and maintenance
• Secateurs sharpening and maintenance
• Information sheets provided with illustrations.
The following will be mailed to you:
Rootstocks, Scion material and practice grafting wood - you supply your own knife, sealant etc.
• 2 apple rootstocks to graft (value $21)
• A selection of suitable scion wood (apple).
• 3 pieces of buddy tape
Secateurs are not included, and are available fur purchase here.
Numbers limited. Cancellations not available. If you need express postage of course material, this will incur an additional $10 shipping fee.
ZOOM: Zoom meeting link will be emailed the day prior to the course. You can participate from a desktop, laptop, or smart-phone with a ZOOM app installed. Please ensure your zoom app is updated and your login works prior to the workshop. There will be a facility to ask questions in the latter part of the workshop.
Video quality, connection issues and working the Zoom app is the responsibility or the participant, however a guide to be included in the email prior to the workshop.
Warning: Few items in stock!
No customer reviews for the moment.