Espalier Workshop at Cygnet (Southern Tasmania)
• Explanation of Espalier technique including Horizontal-T, Fan espalier and Stepover Espaliers.
• Construction of various espalier trellises and fences.
• Planting the fruit tree, pruning and tying onto a wire.
• Different techniques for keeping branches where you want them.
• Pruning technique for future shaping of espaliers.
This course is aimed at those with some experience who want to broaden their knowledge, or those with little experience who are keen to familiarise themselves with basic technique so they can plan their own espalier systems
There are various espaliering supplies and pruning supplies (secateurs, loppers, sharpeners) available on our website. We prefer if you purchase these items from the website before the workshop (can pickup), which will reduce purchases on the day. Most popular items are the rubber plant ties, jute string, bamboo and secateurs.
Location: Cygnet, Tasmania. Please park at the Port Cygnet Sailing Club. Then follow the signs as marked. Public Toilet facitilities are at the Yacht Club. Please dress appropriately for cold / windy / wet weather (jacket and sturdy shoes).
Suggestion: Come for lunch at one of Cygnet's many cafes: Cygnet Woodfired Bakehouse, Old Bank Cafe, Red Velvet Lounge and Lovett Cafe.
Course numbers limited.
Cancellations are only considered if notice is given >48hrs prior.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Few items in stock!
No customer reviews for the moment.